Elise Walton, Ph.D., has consulted to large, global organizations at the highest levels on the critical business challenges they face. Her consulting work focuses on corporate governance, executive leadership and development, organizational learning and strategic change management. Her clients include large, public multinational firms, private firms, as well as non profits.
In addition to her expertise in corporate governance, CEO succession, and Board assessment, design, and processes, Elise and her team’s specialties include:
- Large-scale change initiatives and change management
- Governance process evaluation and advising
- Executive coaching and leadership development
- Strategic organization assessment, design, and alignment
- Innovation and organizational learning strategies
Over her career, Elise has worked with clients such as AES, AT&T, AXA-Equitable, Community Access, Comverse Technologies, Fannie Mae, Ford, GlaxoSmithKline, Hewlett Packard, Internap, Jacob Burns Film Center, Merck, Miller Brewing Company, Oliver Wyman, Lucent, National Geographic, NPR, Pepsi, Pine Street Inn, Save the Children, Scholastic, Turner Construction, Tyco, TXU, Unilever and Xerox.
Elise researches, writes and presents on leadership and governance, and has been published in The New York Times, American Psychologist, The Corporate Board, Harvard Business Review and elsewhere. She has presented at the National Association of Corporate Directors, Yale Governance Forum, American Bar Association, Harvard Kennedy School Women’s Leadership Board, Conference Board HR Leadership Council, and the Human Resource Planning Society.
Elise holds a Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior from Harvard University, an M.A. in Organizational Psychology from Columbia University, and a B.A. in Economics and Psychology from Bowdoin College.
- Discontinuous Change: Leading Organizational Transformation
- Dynamics of Organizational Change and Learning
Teaching & Leadership Experience
- NACD Author
- Columbia Business School, Adjunct Professor
- NYU Stern graduate School of Business, Associate Professor
- NACD Board Leadership Fellow
- Millstein Center for Corporate Governance and Performance, chairmanship and project director
- Harvard University, MBA
- Columbia University, Teachers College